Friday, October 6, 2017

One step at a time



I just returned from a humbling experience at the Node.js Interactive conference, a global gathering of über fans of the open source JavaScript runtime. I am very much still a JS beginner, and being around people who are ninjas of this stuff made me feel...well, all kinds of really not-great things. Especially since I was there to write about this conference, covering sessions from some sort of presumed knowledge. I texted my best friend Heather that I felt qualified to be one of the people tidying up the coffee stations outside the lecture rooms rather than one of those sitting inside. But I got through, and had some good conversations and saw some great talks and am generally glad I went.

The photo is from yesterday. Taking a shortcut back to the convention center after lunch (by which I mean 'quick nap in my hotel room' - my mental wellbeing at the conf was not helped by the jet lag) i liked how these stone steps converged, in a waterside park leading down to the harbor.I made others playing with the whole triangle/intersection thing but the one where my boots edged into the frame (on purpose) I like the best. Taking this as a reminder to just keep on keeping on. Even when discouraged. Just got to focus on that next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment