Saturday, July 7, 2012

14


Again with the hands and the water.  I picked up the boys at 5 pm yesterday and we headed for our favorite spot along the Gunpowder river for a picnic dinner.  The guys didn't even wait to change into their swimsuits, charged straight into the water in their shorts.  It was really that hot.  I had waited all day to make pictures because I knew that we would be going to the river, but once we were finally there it sort of slammed into me how crazy tired I am.  I had brought my other cameras but realized I only had maybe iPhone photography level of energy remaining.  (Coming back from camping, all that loading and unloading and sorting and putting away, it's like a small version of moving house.  And only slightly less exhausting).  So after we'd been there a good long while I asked Cole to stand in the water and move his hands different ways, slowly, and he sort of did.  He had trouble, always does, with the slowly part, but he was amazingly cooperative for a little guy with attentional and oppositional issues. 

None of the photos really worked.  Instead of getting frustrated that I couldn't get where I wanted the image to be, I just let it go.  That's two days in a row of giving up on the photography and jumping in the water instead.  Maybe I need a waterproof camera housing so as to combine the two....

No comments:

Post a Comment